We were flying around in the park and my original X4, Crash, crashed pretty hard and a motor became unresponsive. No big deal. I spent about 5 minutes fixing it up this morning and thought I’d share a little. There’s not much to it.
I figured I needed to swap it out when I’d give it power with this result:
Taking the bottom half of the chassis off is a little tricky. After removing the screws, it takes a bit of force to pop the first arm or two out. Then it comes off nicely.
I then used the soldering iron to melt the solder and remove the bad motor. I tinned the wires (add solder to the wires directly) on the new motor and then soldered the thing on. You can see I’ve improved since the last time I swapped motors. The top left looks pretty good.
After letting it cool, I tucked the wires back in and tested it out and everything was spinning. I put the shell back on and some props and it’s good as new!